Dermatology is the branch of medicine that deals with hair, nails, skin and its diseases. It is a specialty with both medical and surgical aspects.
- A dermatologist treats diseases, in the widest sense, and addresses cosmetic problems of the skin, scalp, hair, and nails. The department also incorporates venereology (the branch of medicine for sexually transmitted diseases and AIDS).
- As a subject, dermatology represents clinical, pathological and surgical perspectives.
- The training involves students learning the basics of diagnosing skin problems, their clinical aspects, and ways to manage and treat them.
- Apart from real-time observation, students have access to audio-visual facilities through which they can observe procedures being performed.
- In addition to learning about dermatological problems and their management, residents are also introduced to cosmetic dermatology. They learn how to treat and counsel patients as well as how to handle equipment.
- The department has various kinds of lasers, phototherapy units and high-end microscopes. The facilities also include those needed to perform minor surgical procedures.
- Free OPD care with free registration
- Free consultation in OPD.
- Inpatient care also free.
- Free bed
- Multi disciplinary assessments by cross references as and when required.
- Advanced phototherapy with LED lights.
- Our Institution has good academicians’ who are to strive impact the best educations possible for students. The team works of the staff gives the best possible outputs academic wise.
Best treatment and care compared to other hospitals with cost effectiveness.
FACILITIES & LEARNING SOURCES OF THE DEPARTMENT:
- E-learning classes to all under graduates and post graduates.
- Encourage students to actively participate in both state and national level activities academically and non-academically in all kind of activates.
- Equipped with skilled lab where under graduates are given hands on training skills.
- Intensive Teaching schedule on all working days for Under Graduates.
- Clinical postings done regularly with ward leaving examinations to under graduates.
- We update ourselves regular approaches and treatment methods from journal club.
- Departmental library is provided with various journals and recent books- 98.