Overview of Department:
Department of Ophthalmology provides comprehensive program for patient care. It offers both out- patient services and in-patient services. It strives for achieving excellence in the fields of patient and community eye care, teaching, research and faculty development.
- To offer an excellent standard in teaching
- To conduct research in basic, applied clinical fields and community ophthalmology
- To provide accessible, cost- effective, quality eye care.
- To conduct awareness programmes on issues such as Diabetic retinopathy, glaucoma, eye donation.
The core competencies of Department of Ophthalmology are:
- UG teaching program for MBBS curriculum
- Clinical facilities include services to manage cataract, retinal diseases, glaucoma and uvea services. In addition community services like screening of diabetic retinopathy, cataract in camps, school screening programmes are provided by the department.
FACILITIES AND LEARNING SOURCES OF DEPARTMENT:
- Slit lamps
- Binocular Indirect Ophthalmoscope
- 90 D Lens
- Fundus Camera
- Operating Microscope with CCTV
- Argon Laser
- Phacoemulsification Machine
- Nd:YAG Laser
- Applanation Tonometer
- Schiotz Tonometer
- Automated Perimeter
- Cataract Surgery
- Small Incision Cataract Surgery ( SICS)
- DCT, DCR
- Pterygium Excision with Autograft
Nd: YAG Laser Capsulotomy