Overview of Department:
- The department of Psychiatry provides a Comprehensive, Integrated, multi-disciplinary service is the management of patients with Psychological & Psychiatric disorders.
- Empathetic care to the patients and their family members and integrating them into the society
- Community service
- An orientation to principals of research methodology.
- To train Under Graduates with basic skills in Psychiatry and Scientific foundation in behavioral science
- Department of Psychiatry caters the needs of primary, secondary and tertiary care to the people of Hyderabad and surrounding districts.
COURSES OFFERED: MBBS
- Child guidance clinic
- Adolescence guidance
- De-addiction clinic
- Geriatric and community psychiatry
- Free OPD care with free registration & free consultation in OPD.
- Multi disciplinary assessments by cross references as and when required.
- Emergency care.
Community health services:
- School mental health camps.
- Regular Rural mental health camps
- Our Institution has good academicians’ who are strive to impact the best educations possible for students. The team works of the staff gives the best possible outputs academic wise.
FACILITIES & LEARNING SOURCES OF THE DEPARTMENT
- Consultation cum examination
- Provision for Special clinics.
- Psychometric facilities.
- Anesthesia assisted ECT.
- C Seminar hall with aids like LCD projector & laptop.
- Demo models and charts for counseling.
- Departmental library with a collection of 139 books.
- IPD: Closed ward facility for aggressive patients and de-addiction centre
- E-learning classes to all under graduates.
- Encourage students to actively participate in both state and national level activities academically and non-academically in all kind of activates.
- Equipped with skilled lab where both post graduates and under graduates are given hands on training skills.
- Intensive Teaching schedule on all working days for Post graduates.
- Clinical postings done regularly with ward leaving examinations to under graduates.
- We update ourselves regular approaches and treatment methods by from of journal club.
- The departmental library is provided with various journals and recent books- 139