Respiratory Medicine is medical speciality that deals with Respiratory and Sleep disorders which is constantly evolving day by day.Interventional pulmonology, critical care and sleep medicine has further increased its scope in the present day. Interventional pulmonology is a relatively new field within pulmonary medicine that deals with the use of procedures such as bronchoscopy and thoracoscopy to treat several pulmonary and pleural diseases.
- Department caters to the tertiary medical care needs of the Hyderabad and surrounding districts.
- Tuberculosis clinic – DOTS centre with DMC takes care of the NTEP of the entire district and drugs are provided free at the door steps.
- Allergy and Asthma clinic with Allergy skin tests,spirometry and patient education material provided free of cost.
- Smoking cessation clinic through counselling and de addiction protocols.
- H1N1/COVID -19 awareness programmes for doctors and general population.
- Diagnostic bronchoscopy
- Medical thoracoscopy for pleural disorders.
- Polysomnography [sleep study] with titrations studies for patients with OSA and other sleep related disorders
Equipment and Facilities:
- Free OPD and Inpatient facilities.
- Well-equipped RICU with Invasive and Non Invasive ventilators
- Video assisted bronchoscopy
- Polysomnography[Sleep study] with titration study.
- Pulmonary function lab
- Allergy skin testing kit
- USG/CT guided lung biopsy
Out Reach Programmes:
Medical services are made available to the poor and needy people of the community.
- Conducting free asthma and COPD camps with free PFTs and patient awareness programmes
- Conducting awareness programmes on harmful effects of smoking &Smoking Cessation Clinics
- Counselling and creating awareness among school children about TB, HIV, Smoking, Asthma, COVID -19 etc.
- Desktop with internet connection
- OHP & LCD Projectors
- Departmental library has 100 books
- 3 International Journals subscribed besides Indian journals.
- Question bank / previous years questions/Objective type of questions